Here's an opportunity to do something that will impact the community.
Help the Bidborough Sports Assocation make a difference.
There are many ways to volunteer, from walking door to door to joining in with our fundraising events. Let us know how you can help:
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
We're always looking for help at events so if you are interested then contact the head of the fundraising committee, Samantha Nankivell, for more information:
MAKE A DONATION
Use the 'DONATE' link at the top of the page to transport you to our Crowdfunding initiative where you can make a donation to the cause.
Scroll down for a list of events going on throughout the summer months to see how you can get involved in the fundraising and do your bit.
We have already obtained generous support from the Parish Council and from Tunbridge Wells Borough Council through their small grants scheme and will be approaching various other grant bodies in the coming weeks on a regional and national level to meet our target.
However we have to demonstrate our own commitment to the cause and while the Bidborough Sports Association has a substantial sum in the coffers thanks to one generous donation and some saving in recent years helped by contributions from the Bidborough Cafe, we need to raise another £40,000 this summer to meet the necessary contribution required by the grant bodies.
A fundraising committee has come up with a number of ideas and there will be various ways in which support can be given throughout the summer of 2017:
* A Bidborough Grand Raffle will run through the summer of 2017 with a draw in August. Some ten prizes including holiday weeks in Devon( x2), Switzerland , driving a train on the Romney-Hythe Railway and a chance to have a bat manufactured at the Gray Nicholls factory which will be custom-made to your own specifications.
* The centrepiece of the fundraising effort will be the chance to buy a ‘brick’ costing £100 which will qualify for a permanent memory on the walls of the new pavilion. We hope this will appeal to families as well as those remembering past stalwarts of the clubs or those who used the Rec while showing your support for this important village facility.
* We are also launching a ‘beam’ scheme for companies costing £500 which will also have the chance for a permanent recognition on the pavilion walls.
* Going to Bidborough Cafe on Thursday mornings where 50% of profits will support the pavilion
* Other one off events which will be advertised through the summer – a Golf Day was held recently at Holtye and another is planned for later in the year
* Signing up for the easyfunding link with Bidborough Sports Association ( ) which will earn money on online purchases at no extra cost to yourselves